This is one of the easiest and prettiest treats to make this holiday season, and best of all? It’s totally edible, right down to the candy cups and peppermint spoons.
These cups are yet another sweet inspired by Wilton’s Christmas products. The candy cups are easy to make with white vanilla candy melts. Just paint the melted candy on the inside of a paper cupcake liner. When the candy is set, just peel away the liner!
I went crazy over the peppermint spoons. They are so perfect for these mousse cups, but there are so many other ways they can be enjoyed – dipped in chocolate or stirred into a steaming mug of hot cocoa. You can find them here or at most craft stores in the baking aisle.
Peppermint Mousse Cups
- 8 ounces white vanilla candy melts or almond bark
- 1/2 cup white chocolate baking chips
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops red or pink liquid food color
- Crushed peppermint candy
- Peppermint spoons
- Have ready 6 paper cupcake liners.
- Melt the vanilla candy melts in the microwave at 30 second intervals until smooth. Using a pastry brush, coat the inside of each paper cupcake liner. Refrigerate until set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, heat the vanilla baking chips, uncovered in the microwave for 1 minute at full power. Stir in 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream. Heat for an additional 30 seconds, oruntil chips are melted and can be stirred smooth with the heavy cream. Stir in the peppermint extract and food color. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 cup of heavy cream with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold the melted peppermint mixture into the whipped cream. Spoon or pipe the mousse into the candy cups. Refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy.