Silly me. I thought all party punch was supposed to be bright red and fruity, but this punch changes everything. It’s like sipping on a combination of chocolate milkshake, Yoo-hoo and café frappé. The ice cream on top mixes with the chocolaty punch and creates the most divine frothy topping. If you’re looking for something unexpected to serve at your next party – this may be it!
I decided to display some of my most-loved vintage party napkins beside this punch. I collect mid-century cocktail napkins, and I’m seriously stingy about using them. I only bring them out for special occasions, and apparently, when chocolate punch is being served (smile).
One dip or two?
The chocolate curls on top makes the punch look like a million bucks – and when has extra chocolate ever been a bad idea?
I doubled this recipe because my punch bowl holds 12 quarts.
Mocha Party Punch
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- 3/4 cup/255 g prepared chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup/65 g powdered vanilla coffee creamer
- 1/2 cup/100 g granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
- Whipped topping or whipped cream I used 2 cups, but use as much as you like!
- Chocolate curls or shavings for garnish
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add the chocolate syrup, creamer, sugars and instant coffee granules. Stir until well dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours, or overnight (preferred).
- 20 minutes before serving, pour the chilled chocolate punch into a punch bowl. With a large ice cream scoop, place dollops of ice cream on top of the punch; stir briefly and let stand until the ice cream spreads and covers the surface of the punch. Heap the whipped topping in the center of the punch and garnish with chocolate curls or shavings.