This 3 Ingredient Cream Cheese Fudge recipe is great when you need a sweet treat fast! Cream cheese gives this candy tangy flavor and luscious texture.
This might just be my favorite advent recipe so far. It’s so quick to make and the end result tastes like you’ve toiled over a hot pot of boiling candy. I will be making many batches in the next couple of weeks, because I want to share this revelation with everyone!
The idea for this recipe began when I decided to see how much I could pare down a favorite fudge recipe and still have excellent results. Just three ingredients will get you a fantastic 2 lb. pan of fudge if you use my best tips for preparation. The players: cream cheese, white chocolate, and nuts.
- To coax out the best possible flavor it is important to toast those nuts! (5-7 minutes in a preheated oven.) Use your favorite nut or mixture of nuts.
- Philadelphia cream cheese will yield the best flavor and consistency in this recipe. Store brands will work, but in this case, the name brand had the tastiest results.
- Baker’s white chocolate bars gave the candy a lovely texture and subtle cocoa butter note. Real white chocolate will yield the best pan of fudge. (More on this.)
This fudge is so creamy! And the toasted nuts give it such a lovely flavor and bite. I think the toasted walnut version was my favorite. Speaking of versions…
Testing… testing. And more testing!
This recipe was tested repeatedly! Here are the findings and photos of each iteration, L to R.
The first version was made with toasted walnuts and almond bark (vanilla candy coating). This was the most economical version, and tasted great. It had a distinct vanilla note, but the texture wasn’t quite as soft as the white chocolate version.
The second version was made with toasted pecans and candy melting wafers. This works, but it was not our favorite. The texture was a little too firm, and didn’t have the nice flavor the almond bark version had. But the toasted pecans were good, and overall it is still not the worst piece of fudge I’ve ever had.
The third version was the clear winner made with real white chocolate. You’ll need 2 lbs. of white chocolate, which is 8 four-ounce Baker’s chocolate bars. This could get pricey but fortunately most grocery stores have baking ingredients discounted around the holidays.
I plan to make this, plus my popular 3 Minute 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge recipe for my Holiday Open House this weekend. These recipes make it easy to have an abundance of delicious treats in no time flat! I hope you’ll give them a try.
Three Ingredient Cream Cheese Fudge
- 8×8 inch square pan
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened (recommend Philadelphia)
- 32 oz. Baker’s white chocolate bars, chopped 32 oz. total, or eight 4 oz. bars
- Line an 8×8 square pan with foil that overhangs all four sides of the pan. Spritz with cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat at 100% power for one minute. Stir and heat again in 30 second increments, stirring after each session until all candy is melted and smooth. (You may also melt in a saucepan on the stove top over low heat.)
- Pour the melted candy coating over the cream cheese and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl to make sure there are no pockets of cream cheese. Set a timer and beat for 7 minutes on high speed. The mixture will look lumpy at first; this is normal. When the mixture is smooth, fold in the chopped nuts, and spoon into the prepared pan. Spread out the mixture evenly, and into the corners of the pan. Refrigerate to cool and set at least 1 hour.
- Carefully lift the block of fudge from the pan with the edges of the foil. Peel away all foil. Cut the fudge into 8 strips and then cut each strip into 8 pieces, 1 inch squares. Store the fudge in a covered container in the refrigerator.