Moist and tender Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake is topped with cream cheese glaze and topped with skillet-caramelized walnuts.
Autumn offers the best indulgences, and I’ve given myself full permission to partake of treasures like this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake. This also includes a daily cup of hot apple cider, marathon granola-eating, and studying all varieties of warmly spiced baked goods as if I would be tested on the subject later.
This bundt is a result of that research and I’m not afraid to say it: I’m obsessed with this cake. It is so moist with a pumpkin-spiced interior, a drape of sweet cream cheese glaze, and crunchy sugar-lacquered walnuts.
I made this cake in one of my favorite bundt pans, the Nordic Ware ‘Squared’ pan. It has such a great texture for holding on to whatever icing or glaze you want to throw on top. I’ve used it countless times, and despite it’s many flutes and ridges, I’ve never had a cake to stick. I always use and recommend flour-based baking spray for bundt pans, and certainly for this one.
However, make this cake in whatever bundt pan you have on hand. It’s so beautiful in the classic profile.
No matter what pan you use, a bundt cake is always a boon to busy holiday cooks. It’s easier than making a layer cake, and just as pretty (if you ask me!). Look at that texture, it’s just everything!
This cake is easy enough to make any given weekday to be enjoyed as one of those little indulgences I spoke of earlier (it’s a fine breakfast with coffee!). But it also makes a lovely holiday centerpiece with its crown of glossy candied walnuts.
I think I know what to bring for Thanksgiving dessert this year!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake with Spiced Candied Walnuts
- 10 cup bundt pan
- 1 can solid pack pumpkin 15oz.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup light olive oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
Cream cheese glaze
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup half and half or milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnut halves and pieces
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 10 inch fluted tube pan or bundt pan with flour based baking spray (recommend Baker’s Joy). Beat pumpkin, sugar, eggs and oil in a large bowl until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, pie spice, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until well blended.
- Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 50-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan 10 minutes before turning out onto wire rack. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract until blended. Gradually beat in the confectioner’s sugar, then half and half until smooth and well blended.
- Pour glaze over the top of the cake; spread on and let it drape and run down the sides.
- Melt butter in a skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add vanilla extract and granulated sugar, stirring frequently so the mixture doesn’t burn. When sugar begins to melt, add the cinnamon, ginger and cloves; stir together until mixture is well blended. Add walnuts and stir until the nuts are well coated.
- Turn off heat and immediately spoon out halves and pieces onto a sheet of parchment paper, separating to prevent clumping. Once the nuts are cooled and the coating hardens (about 5 minutes), sprinkle nuts on top of iced cake. Serve and everyone will enjoy!