Rumor has it that today is National Cocoa Day! I’m not sure that pink strawberry hot cocoa was what they had in mind when the holiday was created, but that’s okay. It’s delicious and makes a super cute gift-in-a-jar.
This just takes four ingredients to make! You’ll need high quality white chocolate, instant nonfat dry milk, Nestle Strawberry Nesquick and pink (or white) mini marshmallows. When prepared, the hot cocoa has a wonderful strawberries-and-cream flavor. Strawberry milk fans will love this! I’ve been sipping on it regularly because I am strawberry milk crazy!
I found these Ball Sharing Jars at the grocery store, but they are also available for purchase online. They have a pretty shape and look a little fancier than the usual canning jar.
The powdered milk in the recipe means you need nothing more than hot water and a mug to enjoy this cozy treat. However, my favorite way to enjoy it is stirred into hot cashew milk.
Instant Strawberry Hot Cocoa Mix
- Food processor
- Two jars, 16 oz. each
- 7 ounces high quality white chocolate chopped
- 1/3 cup 42g instant nonfat dry milk
- 1 cup 110g Nestle Strawberry Nesquick powdered drink mix
- 2 canning jars 16 ounce capacity
- 2 cups 86g pink or white mini marshmallows
- Place the white chocolate in a food process and pulse until chopped into small pieces. Add the dry milk and strawberry drink mix. Process until the mixture is well combined and no large chunks of white chocolate remain.
- Divide the mix between two 16 oz. jars. Top with each jar with 1 cup of mini marshmallows. Lid the jar and add a tag with preparation instructions.
- Tag directions: Combine two tablespoons strawberry cocoa mix with 6 ounces hot water or 6 ounces hot milk.