Nothing beats the dynamic duo of chocolate and peanut butter! These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies are an easy weeknight dessert or lunchbox treat.
If you’re looking for comfort on a plate – here it is! Eating too many of these peanut butter chocolate chip blondies is so easy. I’ve had more than my share and I’m not even sorry. Each slice is chewy, chocolaty, and incredibly peanut buttery with both flavors of chips sprinkled throughout.
Who doesn’t love a good 13×9 pan dessert? The golden brown pillowed corners are a little chewier than the middle, so that’s the slice I went for first! These cut neatly, so I could see them being a nice addition to kid’s lunches, or any time you need a totable sweet. I adapted this recipe from a Bake Sale book I purchased years ago. So of course these would be perfect for bake sales (when we’re allowed to have those again!).
With a creamy batter composed of butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter, there’s nothing not to love. It would be super easy to switch up this recipe with M&M’s or Reese’s Pieces, but honestly it’s wonderful as-is. If peanut allergies are an issue, then the creamy peanut butter can be swapped out for almond butter or sunflower butter. You could also omit the peanut butter chips and substitute vanilla or butterscotch morsels.
Freeze some for later!
There will be plenty to share, but no judgement here if you’re planning to keep them all for yourself. These freeze well (and taste pretty good straight from the freezer!) so you can enjoy some now and put the rest on ice. I like to slice them up and wrap them individually before freezing because it’s easier to grab one or two portions. And it takes less time to thaw.
Making this recipe gluten-free would be easy using a 1-to-1 flour. King Arthur Baking’s Measure for Measure Flour is my favorite! I always keep a bag on hand because I have family with those dietary considerations.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 13×9 inch pan
- 1/2 tablespoon butter for greasing pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Evenly coat the inside of a 13×9 inch pan or baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar and peanut butter. Beat together until well combined. Add in vanilla and eggs; mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture a little at a time, mixing on low speed. Fold in the peanut butter chips and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough into the prepared pan evenly. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup of mini chips and press lightly into the dough.
- Bake 18-22 minutes until golden brown on the edges, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely in the pan before cutting.
loved it. Brought to dinner with friends. I added a dusting of sugar on top
Thanks for trying the recipe. So glad you enjoyed it!
Being loving all your recipes, especially the malted brownies.
So is it baking powder or baking soda that you use ?!!!
Hi, it’s baking powder, not baking soda. I see in the body of the recipe text we’ve accidentally called it ‘soda’. I’ve updated the recipe – thanks!