Cranberry, apple cider and ginger are all beloved flavors of the season, and they are celebrated in this cheesecake! Use your favorite brand of gingersnaps in this recipe.
December is flying by, and I’m in total denial that Christmas is just 8 days away! I’m trying to soak up all the deliciousness that the season has to offer, and this cheesecake is a good way to do that!
As far as cheesecakes go, this one is unfussy. It’s rustic, so you won’t have to fool with a water bath – just bake and cool. The apple cider flavor in the cheesecake is so wonderful, and with the gingersnap crust, it tastes like spiced cider!
It’s almost gilding the lily to apply the cranberry-cider glaze on top, but the tartness of the berries is a nice foil for all that creamy, dense cheesecake. It’s nice. I think you’ll agree!
Gingersnap Cider Cheesecake
- 9-inch spring form pan
- 7 oz. gingersnap cookies about 30, plus 5 extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 24 oz. 3 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 120 milliliters apple cider
- 1 cup 240 milliliters heavy whipping cream, whipped to peaks
Cranberry Cider Glaze
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup 240 milliliters apple cider
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- To make crust, place the 30 gingersnap cookies in food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add melted butter and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, and blend until combined. Press mixture into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of the prepared pan; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, flour and powdered ginger, and beat until smooth. Beat in eggs until mixture is well combined, then cider just until combined. Pour into crust lined pan, and place pan on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour, until edges are puffed and center is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until firm and well-set, 3-4 hours. Loosen and remove the spring form collar. Transfer to a serving plate or cake stand. Cover with the whipped heavy cream.
- To prepare Cranberry Cider Glaze, combine cranberries, apple cider, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar dissolves, then reduce heat. Simmer 25 minutes or until syrupy. Let cool at room temperature.
- Top the cheesecake with the cranberry glaze. Break the remaining gingersnaps into pieces and apply as a final garnish. Refrigerate cheesecake until ready to serve.