Coffee enthusiasts will love these espresso flavored cheesecake bars. A hint of chocolate in the filling gives the bars richness, and a gingersnap cookie crust adds seasonal flavor and crunch.
Holidays seem to be the time to have an extra 13×9-inch pan (or two) on hand. ‘Tis the season to feed a crowd! The best kinds of potluck recipes tend to be simple and tasty. Easy to make and eat. This is one of those recipes. It might be the least fussy version of cheesecake I’ve ever made!
For the crust, grind gingersnap cookies in a food processor or crush them in a zip top bag with a rolling pin. The crumbs are mixed with butter and pressed in the pan so there’s no greasing or lining the pan required!
The chilled bars slice cleanly and lift easily from the pan!
Slice the cheesecake into 12 pieces for a standard-size dessert. It’s great with whipped cream and extra gingersnaps on top. If you’re looking to add these to a buffet or cookie tray, cut smaller pieces (24) for bite-size nibbles.
Mocha Latte Cheesecake Bars with Gingersnap Crust
- 13×9 inch baking pan
- 60 gingersnap cookies 230g
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 113g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk or half and half
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 3 packages 8 oz. each cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup 150g granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup 20g semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- Whipped cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place gingersnaps in a food processor 20 at a time; grind to a fine crumb. Place the crumbs in large bowl and add melted butter and salt. Stir by hand until combined. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place milk or half and half in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave about 15 seconds or until just warm; stir in coffee powder until dissolved.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and coffee mixture on medium speed until fluffy. In another small microwave safe bowl, microwave semi-sweet chocolate morsels for about 30 seconds, until just melted. Beat in melted chocolate. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until just combined.
- Evenly spread cream cheese mixture over crust and bake for 18-22 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sieve, dust the top of the cheesecake with dark cocoa powder. Let stand at room temperature to cool for 45 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares. Serve squares with whipped cream. Store in refrigerator.
These cheesecake bars look amazing!