I suppose I should tell you that’s there’s not one egg in this nog, but believe me when I tell you that it’s truly delicious and pretty close to the genuine article. It’s not quite as thick as the original, but it’s close! This instant mix keeps for up to six months, so if you’re like me and crave eggnog after it’s gone from grocery store shelves, then you’ll appreciate this recipe!
I whisked up two batches of this mix to give as Christmas gifts. I think milk bottles make an extra cute presentation (you can find the ones I used here), but you could also use 8 ounce mason jars. And how about those mini whisks? So cute! They definitely do the best job of mixing the powdered eggnog into the milk. I found a set of 12 minis here, and they look really adorable tied to the bottles with baker’s twine.
Instant Eggnog Mix
- 6 2/3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 packages 3.4 ounces each instant vanilla pudding mix (original – not sugar free!)
- 1 cup buttermilk powder find this in the baking aisle
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a large bowl. Store in an airtight container, or divide into 8 ounce milk bottles for gift giving. Eggnog mix can be stored in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- Add a note to each bottle with these instructions: To prepare a glass of eggnog, add 4 to 5 tablespoons of eggnog mix to 6 ounces cold whole milk. Whisk until well blended. Let stand 2 minutes; enjoy.