It’s hard to believe we’re getting ready to bid November farewell. I can almost hear those sleigh bells jingling, can you?
When it comes to party fare, I’m always searching for the perfect bite that will satisfy guests and make them feel special. But since it’s also the busiest time of year – especially for home bakers – simplicity is key. That’s why I love this recipe so much.
Creamy eggnog pudding takes all of five minutes to whip up, and after a quick chill, it’s layered with prepared caramel in shot glasses. The shots are topped with whipped cream and Stacy’s Salted Caramel Pita Chips – the latter provides a crunchy contrast to the creaminess of the pudding. If you’re like me, you’ll forgo the spoon entirely and use the chips instead – so keep a bowlful close by!
The chips have a rich, buttery, authentic caramel flavor (which is rare joy in a world of artificially flavored snack foods), and they have just the right amount of salt and sweet. They are certainly delicious enough to serve on their own, but their sturdiness makes them great for dipping.
These little desserts are about six-ish bites of salted caramel goodness, which is just enough to indulge your sweet tooth without overdoing it. They look elegant all lined up on a fancy serving tray and no one will guess that they took just minutes to put together!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Stacy’s Pita Chips. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. Thank you for supporting our sponsors!
Salted Caramel Eggnog Shooters
- Six 2 oz. shot glasses
- 1 cup commercially prepared eggnog
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 7 ounces caramel ice cream topping the thick jarred variety
- 3/4 cup whipped topping or homemade whipped cream
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Stacy’s Salted Caramel Pita Chips for serving
- Have ready six 2 ounce empty shot glasses.
- Combine the eggnog, sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a bubble while whisking constantly. When the mixture thickens, remove it from the heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Cover the surface of the pudding with plastic wrap and let chill for 15 minutes. Stir the pudding and transfer to a piping bag or a zip-top bag with the corner snipped.
- Transfer the caramel to a piping bag or zip-top bag with the corner snipped.
- Pipe a little of the pudding into each shot glass, followed by the caramel. Alternate until all of the eggnog pudding and caramel is used.
- Top each shot with the whipped topping and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg. Just before serving, place a Stacy’s Salted Caramel Pita Chip upright in each shooter.
- Serve the shooters next to a bowlful of the pita chips for easy dipping and eating. Spoons are optional.