Today's the day!
It's the official publication day for the SprinkleBakes book! I'm so excited and more than a little nervous! Every other post on my blog will feature a recipe, but today I wanted to tell you a little bit about what I've been pouring so much love and work into over the past year. I really hope it lives up to everything you'd expect - your encouragement from the very start of this blog has meant so much to me and has made this day possible.
Hopefully this will answer your burning questions: inside you'll find 77 recipes. Of those, 36 are basics that every baker and dessert enthusiast will want in their recipe arsenal.This section is called "Blank Canvases" because these recipes can be endlessly varied with flavor, color and shape. I return to these simple and approachable basics again and again. Use them to create a confectionery work of art, or just to satisfy a craving!
I've said before that this is an art-meets-baking book, but what does that mean? The creative recipes in this book are listed under chapters called Line, Sculpture, Color, and Mixed Media. Preceding the recipes in each of these sections you'll find - art lessons! From brush primers to sculptural cake carving instructions, this book teaches you how to think like an artist. A few recipes are elaborate, but many are easy to make, and I give plenty of templates.
At heart, this book is about taking the things in life that inspire you, and recreating them in your baking. It's about making the most of your time in the kitchen and being able to share something delicious and memorable with those you love.
As my publisher tells me, launching a book these days is hard work. So if you're willing to help me spread the word, I'd be more than grateful. You'd be a big help if you'd care to tell a friend, tweet, post an Amazon or Goodreads review, or anything else. I'm told every bit counts!
Leave a comment below - tell me what inspires you! Maybe it's a loaf of freshly baked bread, a pretty dress, your children, a good movie... it can be anything! Please be sure to leave an email address or some way to reach you if you win! Deadline for entry is Monday, May 7th. Winners will be chosen at random and announced in this post and on the SprinkleBakes Facebook page on Tuesday, May 8th. Contest is open to everyone with a valid mailing address.
Here are the winners!
Winners chosen using random number generator Random.org.
The 5 SprinkleBakes books go to:
- andrea.lane[...] I'm inspired by my wonderful 2 year old daughter and all the new things she learns every day. Makes me want to try new things and learn new things, especially when it comes to baking :) I can't wait to buy the book!! My birthday is Sunday; maybe my wonderful husband will buy it for me :)
- Thereasa Gargano said... I have been inspired by your awesome baking ideas, I made your yummy champagne mousse not very long ago. Color also inspires me; I will be baking your wonderful looking/sounding shortbread cookies. I haven't used Hibiscus in my food for a very long time, simply inspirational. :-) Congrats on your book. Thanks for this wonderful giveaway opportunity. Good luck to all.
- Anonymous said...Especially I like the idea of creating something from a few simple ingredients.My inspiration is anything: the market, the situation, the weather... and internet. Your blog is great!!Congratulations for your book!!! Good luck!!! Yolanda [...]
- Zack said... Cooking with my girlfriend weekly has given me inspiration to want to be a better cook! Seeing her make increasingly complex recipes week after week inspires me to branch out and try to make the best thing she (or anyone at my work) has ever tasted!
- Devon @ deli-cute-essen said... Recently I have started making my own bread and it has inspired me to make more and more "staples" at home rather than buying them. Also there is nothing better than smell of fresh baked bread!
The KitchenAid stand mixer goes to:
- Michelle McCandless said... What inspires me - nature always! I love the beautiful vibrant colors of flowers and butterflies - and they transfer so well to baking!