Hello and happy Monday to you! Let’s get this week started in the right direction with a tall frothy milkshake – extra sprinkles, please!
I rely on this lightened up recipe when I’m craving a slice of birthday cake but I just don’t have the time (or a good excuse) to bake one. It’s hard to believe it’s a “skinny” recipe because it’s delicious and totally satisfying!
I don’t decorate my milk shake glasses every time I make this drink (I mostly just stir them right into the shake) but if you’re entertaining or throwing a birthday party, a spiral sprinkle glass makes the cutest presentation. You just need some honey, maple syrup or corn syrup (anything sweet, thick and syrupy) and a small paintbrush. Check out the video below to see how I make them.
The sprinkle decoration can be made a day ahead of time if you’re on a schedule. Confetti quinns will have the most staying power. Jimmies from the ice cream aisle would work well, too. Multicolor nonpareils (a.k.a hundreds and thousands) will begin to dissolve and the colors will bleed almost immediately, so choose your sprinkles wisely.
This treat tastes so much like birthday cake and has a delicious Greek yogurt tang. I couldn’t help but add a tiny puff of aerosol whipped cream and a cherry on top – speaking of those cherries, they’re pink! I couldn’t believe my luck finding pink cherries at my local grocery store. They are also sold online in bulk if you love them as much as I do.
Skinny Confetti Cake Batter Milkshakes
- 2 cups nonfat frozen yogurt
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup yellow cake mix dry
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup confetti sprinkles
- 1/2 cup nonfat dairy whipped topping I like Reddi Wip
- 4 maraschino cherries
- Place the frozen yogurt, Greek yogurt, dry cake mix and skim milk in a blender pitcher. Blend on high speed until all of the ingredients are well combined. Pour the mixture into four 1 cup capacity glasses.
- Stir 1 tablespoon confetti sprinkles into each glass. Top each glass with two tablespoons whipped topping and 1 maraschino cherry each. Serve immediately.