Make Your Wedding Cake – A Post for the Etsy Wedding Blog!

I’m so excited to be sharing a special cake recipe on the brand new Etsy Wedding Blog!  Ever thought about attempting your own wedding cake?  Whether you’re DIY-ing it for yourself,  a friend or family member, this post gives you a complete comprehensive guide to a delicious butter cake that serves 75.

Get all the details- including a whole slew of step-by-step photos HERE!

Notify of

Splendid!

Cheers,

Rosa

smunchimunch
smunchimunch
8 years ago

So lovely! You make it so effortless!

Amber Sadie
Amber Sadie
8 years ago

I'm making your mint-white chocolate mousse cake for my wedding next month. It's going to be a very small event, so the size is perfect since I eat like a trucker (Don't judge me. :D). I'm replacing the cake with a dense sheet brownie-esque recipe since my love likes it more, but the cake is gorgeous and absolutely delightful. So thanks for the inspiration!

Sue
Sue
8 years ago

Your tutorials are so fantastic, Heather! You make it look so easy:) Beautiful cake!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar
8 years ago

So cool! Love the idea of making my own wedding cake…if the day comes πŸ™‚

grubarazzi
grubarazzi

Awesome!

Meggie
Meggie
8 years ago

That looks so beautiful! Makes me wish I had to make a wedding cake!!! Bah!!!

Created by Hannah Grunzke
Created by Hannah Grunzke
8 years ago

I'm making my own wedding cake tomorrow based on your Neapolitan cake from your book! I'm super excited as you can imagine πŸ™‚

Toni
Toni
8 years ago

This is an outstanding entry!!! The photo's and details in explanation are excellent as this made a truly wonderful tutorial! Thank you so much! The cake is just absolutely lovely!!

Lynna
Lynna

WOW. simply fascinating cake!! πŸ˜€

Eileen
Eileen
8 years ago

Beautiful cake Heather! I have always wanted to make a wedding cake just to say I did. You make it look so easy, and I know it isn't. Thanks for sharing the step by step process. I understand you divide the cake batter equally between all of the pans but can you tell me about how full they should be? I know different batters rise differently and sometimes I actually have to trim the top off of a cake.

Jennifer
Jennifer

Beautiful!

Vanessa [theteensytinyinsignificantdetails]
Vanessa [theteensytinyinsignificantdetails]
8 years ago

Well, thi IS well-timed! I've been asked to make a friend's wedding cake in November. It's my first one and I'm a liiitle bit scared. I've been collating ideas on Pintrest, and this one's going on the board because she's after black and white. Beautiful πŸ™‚

Unknown
Unknown
8 years ago

Wow, you make making and building a wedding cake look like it's nothing! My goodness! That cake looks beautiful by the way. I would love it at my wedding (if I were getting married that is)

Laura
Laura
8 years ago

That's really incredible. I'm not getting marries but really want to make my own cake when I do cause I'm so keen on baking. I didn't know it was possible but you really have a comprehensive guide there!

Catalina @ Cake with Love
Catalina @ Cake with Love
8 years ago

Oh wow this cake is gorgeous!! Going to check the recipe now!

Joy Tilton
Joy Tilton
8 years ago

This is totally do-able and would save the bride so much money. Wedding cakes are $200 and UP! Another way to save, you can have them make 3 graduated layers and simply stack and add fresh flowers for tremendous savings! I did wedding work for years and still have it in my blood!

Tesei
Tesei
8 years ago

This is seriously one of the most useful posts I've read, amazingly explained and detailed! I've done quite sophisticated cakes myself and I don't think I could explain the steps as clearly. I think you just can't go wrong with your tutorial, thank you soooo much for sharing it!!!

hat methi
hat methi
8 years ago

Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza)
Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza)
8 years ago

Shared this link on our FB page. Some DIY brides might just be up to this challenge!

MissCandiquik
MissCandiquik
8 years ago

This is awesome, thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

hat methi
hat methi

WOW. simply fascinating cake!! πŸ˜€

vanillasugarblog
vanillasugarblog
8 years ago

can you imagine being a DIY bride? they should get a medal if they do that. LOL
gorgeous cake.
(let me know if you still want to do the interview/giveaway). I need a book though and will draft up questions for you. up to you….

Darla | Bakingdom
Darla | Bakingdom

This is fantastic, Heather! What a beautiful cake. As always. πŸ™‚

Kristina - New Haven CT Wedding DJ
Kristina - New Haven CT Wedding DJ
8 years ago

Such a gorgeous and one of a kind wedding cake. I really like it! Also, it's really mouth watering.

Unknown
Unknown
8 years ago

That is a gorgeous cake – so simple and striking – my sisters have all asked me to do their wedding cakes, and i have always said no until my baby sister got married and then i was so so nervous about it – wish i had read this before – simple is always more elegant (I think so anyway!)
Thanks!

Kristina – Providence RI Wedding DJs
Kristina – Providence RI Wedding DJs
8 years ago

Such a beautiful and mouth watering wedding cake. Thanks for sharing this post to us. This adds more ideas about wedding cakes.

baby516
baby516
8 years ago

Hi Heather, I was looking at the instructions, and I just wanted to confirm that the legs on the plastic cake separator plate does not actually go into the big straws that were stuck into the cake right? I bought the Wilton cake plate, but the legs are too big for the large straws.