Today I'm so excited to share a whole new line of coffees from Dunkin' Donuts called the Bakery Series. Each coffee flavor is inspired by a bakery confection: Jelly Donut, Old Fashioned Donut, Chocolate Glazed Donut, Caramel Coffee Cake and Blueberry Muffin. I think coffee always tastes better over conversation, so I invited my friend Christen to help sample the goodies. As soon as I tasted the Chocolate Glazed Donut coffee, I knew it was destined for a batch of truffles.
What's better than truffles? Dunkin' Donuts is generously giving one Sprinkle Bakes reader a "Bakery Flavor Dunked In" kit, worth $350, which includes:
- The complete Bakery Series coffees (1 each): Chocolate Glazed Donut, Jelly Donut, Old Fashioned Donut, Blueberry Muffin and Caramel Coffee Cake flavors.
- Dunkin' Donuts coffee mug (the one Christen is holding in the above picture!)
- Turtle Donut blended coffee recipe
- $250 Visa Gift Card
- Mr. Coffee Pot Coffee Maker
Enter here for a chance to win! This contest is open to US residents.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
These truffles are going straight on my holiday bake list because they're so easy and SO delicious. Not only do these have a generous dose of Chocolate Glazed Donut coffee in the ganache, there's two crumbled up chocolate cake donuts in the mix - holy smokes! Does that ever make them tasty. With each bite you'll get a hit of rich chocolate ganache and a cakey piece of chocolate donut. New favorite truffle right here, I tell ya!
Chocolate Donut Coffee Truffles
[click for printable recipe]
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen truffles
Source: Sprinkle Bakes original recipe
Prep: 10 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes
These truffles have two crumbled chocolate cake donuts in the batter. Be sure to use cake donuts! Yeast donuts are much too airy and will become rubbery in the ganache. I used Dunkin' Donuts chocolate glazed donuts fresh from the bakery case.
8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped finely and evenly
1/4 cup/37ml brewed Dunkin' Donuts Chocolate Glazed Donut Coffee
1/2 cup/113g unsalted butter, cubed
2 large/101g chocolate cake donuts, roughly crumbled (see pic)
1/3 cup/43g unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate, coffee and whipping cream in a medium saucepan and heat over medium-low until the mixture can be stirred smooth with a whisk.
- Remove from heat and add the unsalted butter; stir until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate cake donut pieces. Press them down into the ganache so that none of the pieces are sticking out above the surface of the ganache. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the ganache is firm.
- Scoop out ganache by the heaping 1/2 tablespoons full. Roll ganache into a ball between your palms and place on the baking sheet. Roll each ball in the unsweetened cocoa. Place finished truffles in an airtight container; store in the refrigerator.